About Me

My photo
I am a psychology major at Salem State and absolutely love it! I work with children so I am taking as many classes as I possibly can to learn more about them and how to help make an impact on their lives!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Maria Montessori



Maria Montessori was born on August 31, 1870 and died on May 6, 1952. She was a physician and an educator, and she was best known for her educational method which bears her name. There are schools called Montessori schools which focus specifically on young students and how they can learn in the best ways possible. She focused on students maturity and readiness to learn particular skills and certain ages. Using these findings she developed her teaching methods and used materials designed to help children discover new things. I chose her because I think she was really amazing, especially for her time. She thought about every one's abilities and gave everyone a chance to learn. That's the kind of educator I would want to be if I decide I want to teach. I would never give up on anyone, and I would look for new ways for everyone to get the most out of their education. She is inspirational and I hope, whether I am a teacher or not, that I always remember that people learn differently and it could change their life if you have the patience to figure out what is best for them.




Where I got my information:-Education and the Practice and Profession of Teaching by McNergney
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Montessori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers