About Me

My photo
I am a psychology major at Salem State and absolutely love it! I work with children so I am taking as many classes as I possibly can to learn more about them and how to help make an impact on their lives!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Will Children Be More Engaged in a Classroom If They Feel Emotionally and Physically Safe?

Classrooms should seek to make childen feel comfortable, safe, significant and cared about. These feelings are made by both the teacher and other children. But do children actually engage in discussions and other work more when they are comfortable? I couldn't find any information that did not support this idea. It would be a nit absurd to think that a child would share honest thoughts and opinions when they are uncomfortable. The best environment is created by teachers and students together. They can create a "community of conscience." I have always been a person that thinks deeply about pretty much everything and in doing this I have ideas and opinions. I would never share my views in an environment where I don't feel physically and emotionally safe. Having comfort from the teacher and other students creats a warm and safe place that I would be willing to share my opinions in. As a child I had this and always felt cared about. I think that feeling this way is what led me to doing well academically. It causes a person to feel free of stress and judgement so there is more room for positivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers